Saturday 9 January 2010

Juan Casusol dies at 97

The founder of my local watering hole and Lima institution - Juanitos Bodega Bar in Barranco died from a heart attack in the first few minutes of 2010 aged 97.
"Juanitos" was founded in 1937 and has been an artist stronghold in bohemian Barranco since. It is now run by his sons with Juan keeping a watchful eye over the place, even in recent poor health.
His presence will be missed by loyal clientele as he regularly greets patrons from his perch near the front of the narrow bar. I managed to express my pleasure at meeting him only a few weeks ago.
Im sure his sons will loyally maintain his legacy for at least another 70 years and more. RIP.

Intrinsically Barranco, Juan Casusol at Juanitos Bodega Bar, Barranco in November.


A drawing that sits above the bar in Juanitos of Juan and sons

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking your time and making this page for my grandfather...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this comment, my apologies if you come across it again. The pleasure is mine as was spending time at Juanitos. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog